Skip to main content

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself.

We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32.

I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right?

I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!)

Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in this weeks Whitterview!

I'm so excited for you all to get to know THE Ashley Mitchell!

Let's get to it!



Tell me about you (where you grew up, family, etc)
AM: So, I am originally from a smaller town in West Virginia, a suburb called Hurricane. I know a very fitting hometown name for my personality. I grew up dancing and cheerleading. I was a national champion in both actually, although dance was when I was like 10, but a champ is always a champ...right? 

Growing up did you ever think you would be on reality tv?
AM: I grew up performing, and a bit of a wild child, so I always new my future wouldn't include a 9-5, well I hoped so. When I got cast on my first show I was actually doing runway and promo modeling all of the state.

Tell me about your time on The Real World:
AM: When I was on the real world I was put in the city I was living in at the time, and for awhile, San Francisco. From night one I felt very excluded and kind of ganged up on. Especially by that one girl, who was upset I had a boyfriend I suppose....I was literally miserable all day, and upset at night. My man said if I called crying again then I was leaving with him, and then the week after I quit we moved to Paris.



Let's talk The Challenge, what has been your favorite season to be on?
AM: Oh man, I honestly had a blast on my first season, RIVALS III. I was so nervous because I wanted to prove to everyone that this little cheerleader had some fight in her. Also, I think one thing about myself and the character or person portrayed by tv is that EVERY person is multi-faceted. We all have freak outs, we are all strong, we all can cry, we can love and hate ourselves at the same time and that's okay. No one is perfect no matter hard they try on social media or television and I believe that first season let everyone see a different side then my defensive and hurt Real World self.

What has been your favorite Challenge to play? 
AM: Goodness, my favorite challenge? To be honest, and corny, my favorite was on this last season of Champs Vs Stars when we played a life size version of shuffle board. It was so funny and I did really well which always affects how I feel about a competition. 

If you could have any celebrity as your partner who would you have and why?
AM: A celebrity partner...ehh none. I think our challenges are so much more than the competition. We live in a house with up to 32 other people. Eat the same thing almost everyday for over two months. We have to take cold showers half the time. Tons of hurry up and wait. After doing the Champs Vs Stars, I realized most celebrities are catered to and can't handle the word no. I would pick Emily Schromm or CT . They're celebs in my eyes anyway.



If you got to design a challenge what would you have contestants do?
AM: If I designed a challenge I would DEFINITELY involve endurance AND brains. There aren't that many puzzle challenges and I think it's comical to see these meatheads sweat.

If you could be on any other reality show which would it be?
AM: I would love to be on Big Brother! I think my social game is what has got me far in the two seasons I have won so I would have a good chance. Oh! ALSO, I would love love love to do Amazing Race, mostly so I can travel the world for free.

You won a million dollars on Final Reckoning, what was your biggest splurge?
AM: To be honest with you, I haven't splurged on anything!! I still have almost every dollar. Right now I am traveling which is MY dream and just taking it slow, waiting to pay taxes(kill me) and trying to figure out what I truly want in this life before I make any rash decisions.

What team are you rooting for in War of the Worlds?
AM: Of course I am rooting for my baby girl AMANDA plus I've loved Josh Martinez since his Big brother season.



If the picking roles were reversed who would you have picked to have been your partner this season?
AM: I 100 percent would have picked Turbo. I heard about his past of winning survivor turkey... and he's hot.

What's a fun fact not many people know about you?
AM: Hmm, I think there are tons of things people don't know about me or most the cast. It seems people forget that we are all diverse individuals, some of us with hard back grounds, and some of us going through hard things right now! Everyone changes year to year, weather your going through debt, death, lost love, finding yourself, etc and I think these things can really effective an individual when you are cut off from your security of friends, family, and hell your own bed. This isn't teen mom where the cameras go away and you can deal with your emotions privately. We always have the camera in our face and sometimes the wrong emotions come out at the wrong time and even on the wrong people. So I guess what people don't know about me is I actually have a big heart and am my own worse critic.



If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why? 
AM: Well first of all, I love food! I mean that boujee too expensive steak, foie gras, bone marrow, duck, etc. So, if we are at dinner don't expect much conversation from me because my face is full of food, but I digress, I would have to pick first Nicki Minaj. One because I am basic, and secondly because I have been her fan WAY before she ever made it big. I would get tips on how to make myself a business like she has. Barack Obama because I think he is one of the best world leaders we have seen during our generation and has done so much to bring people together. I just honestly love him. Lastly, hmmm.... let me think. Oh Neil Degrasse Tyson. I recently read one of his books and his so wise that even if I only understood half of what he said I'd have to leave that table a ten times smarter woman. I mean wouldn't you pay to see a conversation between Nicki and Neil. I would!

What's next? Will we see you on 34? Or any other shows in the future? We need the Queen to grace our TV presence again. 
AM: I WILL DEFINITELY DO ANOTHER CHALLENGE, if invited. I love the competition. I love most everyone. This next time I just HAVE to come in better shape, because let's just say I definitely wasn't close to it this season. 

INSTAGRAM: @mtvashleybrooke
TWITTER: @mtvashleybrooke


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if