Skip to main content

Jessica Kelsey Amlee of Greenhouse Academy in Whitterview 26

Last year, a new show popped up under my Netflix options and it seemed interesting enough for me to start since I needed yet another show to help me procrastinate my college homework.

Oh, what's the show called you ask? Greenhouse Academy. Check it out and catch up the first two seasons on Netflix.

On Greenhouse Academy you'll meet troubled girl Jackie, new to the Greenhouse Academy after just having robbed a bank. Jackie is played by Jessica Kelsey Amlee who you will get the chance to meet right now.

Image result for jessica kelsey amlee

Tell me about who you are:

JKA: I am originally from Vancouver, Canada. More specifically a little suburb just outside of Vancouver, called, Maple Ridge. A very little town, where everyone knows each other; Which ensues safety and drama. I personally believe I have the greatest parents in the world (though most people think the same.) My parents met when they started a band called Cream Soda (in the 80’s), my father being the drummer and my mom the singer. My dad now owns a few businesses while my mom works as the administrator for our local church. I also have an older brother, Mason. My brother is the most outrageous person I know and also the sweetest. I look up to him for everything. I’ve lived in Los Angeles now for the past six years. I visit home whenever I can though!


Did you always want to be a actress? If not, what did you want to be?

JKA: When I was four years old, I was obsessed with Mary Kate and Ashley Olson. I asked my mother if I could be on the TV like them. I remember picking acting instead of swimming lessons for after school activities. Little did my mother and I realize just how life changing it would be. Acting has really constructed who I am and the person I strive to be. I've always been interested in Psychology, but that also comes with the territory of building characters. Boringly enough, I’m a thespian for life.


What’s the process of braiding your side of your head for your role as Jackie? You said it can be kind of painful.

JKA: I would have to show up to set every morning about an hour in advance to get that signature side braid and also, set the rose tattoo on Jackie’s arm.
My idea for the braid was to give Jackie a little more edge, being as she just left juvie. It also helped to see myself in character.

Image result for jackie green house academy


Where were you when you got your first big break?

JKA: I remember auditioning as a kid for almost a year before I booked anything. I was about to give up when I booked my first commercial (French’s French Fried Onions). It seems like no big deal now, but at the time it gave me all the confidence I needed to keep going. I was able to see that I loved being on set and I was addicted to playing make belief in front of the camera. That remains the same.


What has been your favorite character to portray?

JKA: There’s been a lot. I’ve invested the most in to Jackie (Greenhouse) and Mallory (Heartland). I really put all that I am in to all the characters I’ve portrayed, so it’s hard to pick between them. I have a love for all of them because they are all a reflection of who I was at the time of shooting.


If you could be on any other tv show which would it be?

JKA: Ooh probably a show like Lena Dunham’s Girls (HBO). She’s genius. Really anything HBO. Or anything correlated with Quentin Tarantino (I wish he’d come out with a show.)


Is GreenHouse Academy coming back for season 3? Also, what do you want to see happen for Jackie?

JKA: I can’t say anything at the moment, but it’s looking good ;).

Image result for jessica kelsey amlee


What has been your favorite episode of GreenHouse Academy?

JKA: I really enjoyed every scene I did with Benjamin Papac (Max). The juxtaposition of the two of them is pretty funny. Plus, Benji is a phenomenal actor to work off of. Of course, the first scene you meet Jackie, where she kicks over Leo’s (Dallas Hart) amp. Although I was sick for the shooting of that, there was lots to play around with. The scenes where all the cast is together are of course the most fun. We definitely get along better off screen.


Have you ever been really star struck by anyone?

JKA: Yes, Ryan Hurst from Sons of Anarchy, he also played Julius in my favorite childhood movie, Remember The Titans. I met him in the ally of a comedy club. I’ve met “bigger names” but no one has ever made me so nervous to approach. Maybe it was his 6’5” stature.


Who are three people you would want to have dinner with?

JKA: Quentin Tarantino, maybe I could convince him to write a show. Martin Luther King Jr, to be able to prick his brain on our current global situation. I can imagine MLK would have the best advice in moving forward, as a country. On second thought, Jesus would probably have some great advice too. Between, Tarrentino, MLK and Jesus I’d say that’d be a pretty interesting dinner conversation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if