Skip to main content

The "Awkward" Interview with Jillian Rose Reed in #Whitterview 24

Throwback to my first year of college way back when. Three of my friends and I would gather once a week to watch the MTV show "Awkward" starring none other then my next person who is here to be on the #Whitterview- Jillian Rose Reed.

Jillian played Tamara Kaplan, the best friend of Jenna- the main character of Awkward.

It's time to get to know Jillian, so as always, let's get to it! 

Introducing........ JILLIAN ROSE REED!


Tell me about your background (family, where you grew up, background, etc)
JR: I grew up in a small historic town in Michigan, called Northville. I’m the only girl AND the middle child. Which means I never had to deal with middle child syndrome, because the only girl means I’m the automatic favorite. Lucky me. 

Did you always want to be an actress?
JR: yes! I grew up doing musical theater and always saw myself pursuing that. Until I was old enough to learn I could actually pursue tv and film! 

Where were you when you got your first big break?
JR: My first big job was a recurring role on the Showtime series, Weeds. I was living here in LA with my grandparents at the time, who were helping me pursue my dreams! 

What was your favorite episode of Awkward?
JR: Oh man. There’s so many good ones!! I really loved episodes where Tamara and Jenna’s friendship was challenged. It gave Ashley and I such great material to work on, but was also so great to work on these characters relationship with each other.



Favorite memory from the show?
JR: Just the big family that we created. We were all so close (and still are) and we all loved coming to work. I miss seeing all of their faces every day at 5:45am.

 If you google your name a video of Beau Mirchoff comes up and he talks about how he used to lock you in your trailer- did that happen often? Do you have any other cast behind the scenes prank story’s? 
JR: Ugh. It didn’t happen often. It happened just enough to keep me frustrated but not enough that I started to question what was going on. The other best prank story was beau and I put a whoopi cushion under Brett’s couch seat, so while we were filming he sat down in the scene and thought he farted. And he truly thought it was him too. It was awesome.

Have you ever been really star struck by anyone you’ve worked with?
JR: I worked with Jason Ritter on a project called Ghost Girls and was super stoked because I was a huge John Ritter fan. He looks so much like his dad, it was surreal 

You were stuck in a jumper in a dressing room- where are your favorite places to shop? 
JR: DON'T REMIND ME! I shop almost exclusively at forever 21. I love affordable fashion because it allows me to mix it up all the time. 



Tell me about your blog and what you like to talk about?
JR: I launched the blog in January as a way to connect further with my followers. I like to cover Fashion, beauty, mental health, relationships, or anything my readers specially request!

Do you have anything coming up we can look it for you in?
JR: I voice Naomi on Disney Channel’s Elena of Avalor which airs on Disney on Saturday mornings! 

Your insta photos are so beautiful, do you use any types of filters to make them look so exquisite?
JR: Thank you, that’s the best compliment! I shoot all my photos on a Canon 7D for quality, and I edit them in Lightroom which is a photoshop program! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if