Skip to main content

A 34th Whitterview With: Hillary Sawchuk

A few years ago as I was sitting in a presentation I heard about "A Drink With" founded by Hillary Sawchuk, where she would sit down and have an interview with a well known person and of course have a drink with them in the process. The first one I heard about was her sit down with Adrian Grenier.



Since that moment, I was so in awe of what Hillary had put together, I knew someday, somehow I wanted to do something like that. Now here I am, with the Whitterview. I guess you can say Hillary and A Drink With was the inspiration behind my whole blog.

"Every person has a common thread of never giving up and doing what they love."
- Hillary Sawchuk

Thank you Hillary for being the spark for me to create what I love.

And with that, this week I bring you the 34th Whitterview with Hillary Sawchuk the founder of A Drink With!


Tell me about you!
HS: I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit (Rochester Hills.) I have one brother and we were born and raised in the Detroit area. I always wanted to be in journalism. I was always creating magazines for friends and conducting carnivals instead of Lemonade Stands. An entrepreneur.



Where did you go to college and what for?
HS: I studied Journalism at Oakland University in the Metro Detroit area. Previously I was at Michigan State.

How did you start "A Drink With?"
HS: In 2011, I was sending out my demo tapes to get a sports reporter job. I went to start off on my own as I thought no one would hire me. My friends were always meeting someone in the public eye and so I decided to start there. I made sure I had one drink a week with someone to keep it going.

Tell me about your first interview?
HS: There were two. The first one at the Public Hotel with a prosecco and Jessica Zweig, founder of cheekychicago.com (An online lifestyle magazine for the women of Chicago).

The second with Ed Swiderski from the Bachelorette.

It feels like yesterday I was meeting them.

Who is your dream person to interview?
HS: Tequila or Tea with Oprah! It doesn't have to be alcohol.

Otherwise if Joan Rivers was still alive, definitely her. I totally admired her and her work ethic.

How do you choose who to interview?
HS: It's all about who I want to get to know and have a drink with. If three people tell me to have a drink with someone, then I will. Also people with success stories, those who follow their passion and dreams.


Tell me about the best memory you have of "A Drink With?"
HS: When we worked with brand partner Maven. It was a live interview in LA, with a live audience. It was James Corden's executive producer of his Late Show: Rob Crabbe.

What's the best advice you can give someone looking to get their passion off the ground?
HS: You got to be willing to do it without getting paid. Be happy to be doing it. And do it no matter what. Anyone can create content, but good content will stand out.

And finally, what is your drink of choice?
HS: You'd think I'd have a drink of choice because it's my full time job. It was Prosecco. But it's Coke in a glass bottle. It's my guilty pleasure.


"Every other day I want to give up, but it's the interviews that keep me going." 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if