Skip to main content

The Challenges' Marie Roda in #Whitterview 33

Happy Monday! Welcome back to the latest Whitterview. I'm very excited for this weeks article as this weeks interview was with one of my all time favorite MTV's The Challenge competitors: Marie Roda.

Has anyone else watched The Challenge and noticed how flawless Marie looks before and after every challenge? Her makeup is still perfectly intact and it's insane. MARIE TEACH ME YOUR WAYS!

Anyway, let's have me stop rambling about why Marie is my favorite, otherwise we would be here all day.

Introducing, the bad ass and flawless: Marie Roda!


Tell me about yourself (family, where you grew up, etc)


MR: My name is Marie, just turned 30 in August (true LEO) and I was born in Staten Island, NY (don't judge) - I have a huge, loud, obnoxious Italian family, 2 younger sisters, and a king Charles dog, named king. I'm the oldest sister, and I went to college at SUNY Albany majoring in political science. I interned and spent an entire semester on Capital Hill. My favorite color is blue, I'm a Giants fan, and I have an online shopping problem. 

Growing up did you ever think you'd be on reality tv?

MR: I remember watching the real world and saying/FEELING that I was going to be on the show one day. It was never a life goal of mine to be a reality star - in fact I still don't consider myself one. 

Tell me about your first reality show you were on and what were you feeling?

MR: My first show was the RW Saint Thomas. I was so excited to join the MTV family until I met my cast. I grew up picturing a house full of CT looking guys and party people but that wasn't the case. I was the second tallest person in my cast and hardly anyone drank. We lived on an island in St. Thomas so we had to travel by boat everywhere which was a real pain in the ARS. Latoya was my best friend on the show, and I also found "love" with my cast member (and only taller person than me) Robb 



If you could be on any other reality show, which would it be?

MR: Jersey Shore. I grew up and still frequent the Jersey Shore. Mike the Situation is actually my second cousin. 

If you could have any celebrity as your partner on The Challenge who would it be? 
MR: Snooki. Even if we didn't make it far, we'd be a blast to watch. 

Say it was your job to come up with one challenge for the show, what would you put together?
MR: Battle of the train wrecks. Pick a cast full of FUN, Sometimes sloppy, easily angered, single people. If nothing else, it would be hilarious. 

Do you think you and Cara have a better "friendship" after this season?


MR: I wouldn't call it friendship. I understand her a lot more and have a special place in my heart for her.. but----- some people are inherently different. The way that she conducts herself, and the same reasons that made me dislike her in the first place, are still very real. It'll be interesting to see where we stand once the season plays out. Watching the shows sometimes brings you make to a place of remembering your relationship with someone, so we'll see. 



What can we expect from the rest of the season?

MR: This season is going to get absolutely insane. I know people have complained about it's speed thus far - but once it takes off (which will really be either this week coming up or next) it's not going to stop. I'm really excited to see it play out. Hoping I get the edit I deserve. 

(When) You (fingers crossed) win the million dollars what are you going to do with it? Do you have any dream places to travel or something amazing you've always wanted to buy?
MR: Pay off my credit card and then pay off my parents.  Once that's taken care of, shopping spree, trip around the world, and investments. TBH I'll probably hand most of it off to my parents to put away because if I have access to it I will spend it all. 

Where is your favorite place to shop? 
MR: OMG I love to shop. There are some online stores I frequent: PLT, Fashion Nova, Tobi --- but there is a store in the Staten Island mall called Foxy Lady which has some really great clothes. 

Image result for marie roda

Whats something people may not know about you?
MR: Before coming back to the show I worked in start up sales for 5 years. I was the number 1 sales rep in my entire company and have a ridiculously impressive sales resume. I'm also really REALLY chill (not seen on the show.) 

If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why?
MR: Whitney Wolfe - CEO of Bumble. (I have an app idea I want to pitch her...)
50 Cent - He was the first rap album I ever purchased and the guy is absolutely hilarious on social media. 
Snooki - because she's Snooki 

And finally, what's next? Will we see you on anything else after Final Reckoning?
MR: Time will tell. I'm currently deciding if I want to be on tv anymore... It's great don't get me wrong -- but it's really hard to have a stable life when you shop off to the challenge every few months. Hopefully I can find a show that will allow me to just be me, without the fear of getting sent home early, but who knows. This may be the end of the line for me... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if