Skip to main content

The Man, The Myth, The Legend....ary Corey Brooks in Whitterview 45

Happy Thursday Ex on the Beach day! Have you been watching the second season of Ex on the Beach on MTV? No? Then what are you doin…… Start and start NOW.

Wait you are watching? Oh good. You can join me on the drool train. I ride that train every Thursday (maybe everyday if we're being honest). Who am I drooling over? Corey Brooks, duh.

Which brings me to my interview this week: COREYYYY BROOKSSS!

Are you ready for this? I am. So why don’t we just get to it.

I am so pleased you get to know Corey this week, too. 



Tell me about you! (Where you grew up, family, etc)
CB: I grew up in a suburb of Dallas- Mesquite, Texas where my parents (high school sweethearts) are from with one younger sister-Kelly. Mesquite was not the same town it was when my parents grew up there… I've got a little hood in me. We moved to Rockwall, Texas when I was in 7th grade and had a bunch of land, a lake, and a super nice neighborhood. We would ride 4 wheelers, go fishing, take the boat out, and play basketball on our court for hours with all the other neighborhood kids. It was an incredible upbringing. And much better than getting into trouble or getting beat up by the kids I ran with in Mesquite. I appreciate both experiences equally though and gained perspective of how important it is for kids to have a good upbringing. I played a lot of sports growing up-baseball, basketball, football, track, swim, and tennis. I was the best player on every team I was ever on (not to brag). I was just extremely athletic and my parents were extremely hard on me. Every Sunday after church, my dad would drop me off in the middle of nowhere and say "see ya at home for lunch"...I'd have to change clothes and figure out how to get home and run anywhere from 3-8 miles I'd say. I had a killer mentality when it came to athletics. Winning and being the best was my burning passion. My mom would sit me down and we would visualize before every game I played. We were religious about sports. I never drank or even socialized that much through high school graduation. Lot of the kids I grew up with used to call me "pepperoni face" or make fun of how tall I was saying I couldn't go down slides because my feet would hit the ground as soon as I went in. I think I was just bitter to the social setting and they were putting insecurities on me that no longer exist. Anyways, I was Most Outstanding Student 4 years in a row in high school. Won multiple state championships. Got college scholarships in 3 sports. Went on to play baseball at Texas A&M. Blew my arm out and 3 elbow surgeries later, here I am-scheming and dealing with ex gfs on reality TV.

Growing up did you ever think you’d get into reality TV? CB: Not at alllllll. I had zero doubt in my mind that I would do anything other than play professional sports. Didn't even cross my mind I'd do anything other than that. I was good AF.

Tell me about your time on Big Brother:
CB: I loved every second of Big Brother. I loved the gameplay. I loved the social aspect. I loved the ridiculous experiences that came with it like being on slop or sleeping in bumper cars and being stuck in a house cut off to society. I loved all the emotions it made me feel. I'm constantly thinking about things that I have to look forward to in real life...And being in that house I feel like I got to just live in the moment and didn't think about tomorrow because each Thursday was a chance to end your Big Brother life. You had nothing in that house besides yourself (and other HGs) so it was easy to disconnect and just marinate it the experience. 



Is there anything you wish you would have done differently on Big Brother?CB: I wish I had talked to James at the very end. I thought he knew that by evicting me with his vote, he would be signing his own death sentence and walking away with nothing. Had he kept me, he would have guaranteed himself $50k. I honestly expected him to evict Nicole. 

You were supposed to be on The Challenge Vendettas: do you still hope to be on the show someday? If so, who would you want as your partner? CB: Yeah what a trip that was...They did me dirty! But yeah I'd love to compete on The Challenge. I'd want my boy Paulie as my partner. He's in the Challenge dog house right now but I'd throw a leash on him and take him on a run to win a million dollars 1000%

Tell me about your time on Ex on The Beach: CB: Was a cake walk emotionally/psychologically compared to Big Brother. Got to be outside all the time and had crazy cool views and a lot of alcohol. Made time go by quick. I feel like with what I had to work with in there, I did the absolute most with. You get on these shows and you see how people act and you know if you don't react or make moves, you might as well be a viewer. So needless to say, I had some fun with it

What can we expect from the rest of this season?CB: Now that I've "figured things out" with both my exes...I pretty much go Han Solo the rest of the season and try to be the voice of reason in peoples situations. May stir up some of my own trouble. I like pushing peoples buttons and getting people to react so I feel like I pretty much let loose and just have fun the rest of the time and wait for new exes to come in for me to potentially steal :) 

Related image

Would you rather have been on season 1 of Ex on the Beach or are you glad you were on this season?CB: I'm definitely glad I was on season 2. I love the cast of season 2. I like a lot of the people from season 1 but I already knew a lot of them and I wanted to make some new friends. Some huge characters on my season and I feel like we blended really well. You get the good, the bad, and the ugly with all of us. I feel like it's in store for a phenomenal season.

You’re also a model- what is your dream company to model for? CB: Obviously doing a campaign shooting for Nike or Adidas or something athletic would be insanely cool. But I have this itch that I want to do a shoot for a Men's Cologne and be on like a cover of a magazine for it like Giorgio Armani or Dior or something super freaking boujee and upscale but a little rugged - random but would be so dope.

Who trolls who harder: you or your BFF Kay? CB: Kay is def the queen of trolling she does the mosttttt. She made me take my shirt off when she hosted the Xfinity reality week show. I got got...love her! 



What’s something people may not know about you? CB: I'm fluent in Sign Language! Took 4 years of classes and my ex of 5 years had family members that were hard of hearing and we would use sign all the time to communicate. I'd actually like to be involved in the community eventually and use the skill for good.

If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why? CB: My roommate Spencer (because we absolutely crush and enjoy food more than anyone and have epic orders),



Kay Brown (because I need someone to piss off when I hit on the waitress and also need her social media skills to record the dinner)




And one of my ex gfs there at a distance to watch how fabulous I'm doing.


Finally, who is your celebrity crush?
CB: Emma Watson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if