Skip to main content

Jay Starrett washes ashore in Whitterview 53

Welcome Back! I’m excited to bring you a former Survivor/ Ex on the Beach cast member this week: Jay Starrett!

We talk about his times on both the shows, his real estate agent life & of course his new bromance with Corey Brooks.

Side note: did you watch this season of EOTB? Because at one point didn’t we watch Jay try to take on Corey? Hmm... more on that later.

Anyway, without further ado, I give you JAY!

Image result for jay starrett

Tell me about you!
JS: I was born and raised Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I’m half Peruvian and half Scottish. Never really knew my father but had the best mother the universe could provide me with. I have a beautiful sister as well, who is constantly having to put up with me. I grew up always heading to the beach and basically living outside for fun. I worked at bars my entire life until I got into real estate at 25. Ended up purchasing my first home in the same year. Then during all that process I decided to apply for survivor and boom! Ended up living on an island for 36 days.


Growing up did you ever think you would be on reality TV? 
JS: I was obsessed with competing growing up, I love watching Survivor and The Challenge because of the physical aspect of it. Would I ever imagine being put on an island for real. No. Was it a major blessing in my life? Oh yeah. I loved it. So maybe I knew in the back of my mind.


Tell me about your time on your season of Survivor:
JS: It was a life changing experience, you cherish so much more after you go. You appreciate the little things and all the finer details of life. I remember just coming home sitting on my floor and being so appreciative that I had a roof over my head and my family by my side. You don’t realize how much of a serious game and how real it is until you are out there. 

Image result for jay starrett


What is the survivor casting process like?
JS: You have to go to the open casting calls and/or send a video. Be yourself show your true colors. And good luck! I’m not going to spoil that. It’s an adventure if you get on you will have to go through it like I did.
Side note: thanks but no thanks, don’t know how you survived 36 days. I’m good. 

If you could be on any other reality tv show which would it be? 
JS: I just got off of MTVs Ex On the Beach... so there’s that! 

Before you were on survivor you were in real estate correct? Do you think you’ll ever go back to that world? Or are you still involved in it now?
JS: I’m sure I will fall back into the world one way or another. It’s a great way to make money and help people. So why not? I love both anyways. But let’s see where the wind takes me. 

Image result for jay starrett

Tell me about your time on EOTB? Do you wish you would have done anything differently? 
JS: Not at all. Ex on the Beach was an amazing experience and adventure. Completely different than Survivor but it’s own adventure. I am always down to experience new things and test the waters of life, so when I was offered to go on and have a fun love filled mini vacation I said, why not?!

Did you watch EOTB season 1? Did you know what you were getting yourself into? Also If you did watch, who from that season would you have liked to be on this recent season so you could get to know them?
JS: I actually did see EOTB1 and I’d have to say it looked like a fun time until the drama hits and people get crazy. But what do you expect you’re locked in a house for over a month with the same people trying to steal your love. Of course you’re going to go bonkers. I wouldn’t change a thing I got to meet some amazing people and I’m happy with the turnout. 


As EOTB viewers we didn’t really see your relationship with Corey develop (you did try to fight him, at one point) anyway; let us in, how did you two become such good friends? 
JS: So when I tried to fight him it was because he was pretending to be boys with me all day. Had he just came straight up and told me what he did we would have been fine. It was more about respecting me as a friend than trying to “steal” my girl. But after all that went down we hashed it out. I explained to him my point and now I can’t say anything but good things about the dude. He is definitely one of the funniest people I’ve come across and I intend on being friends with him as long as he stays funny!




What’s a fun fact about you some people may not know? 
JS: I can speak Spanish and I’m Peruvian. People are always surprised by that. 

If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why? 
JS: Muhammad Ali
Bruce lee
Bob Marley 

I’d want to grab wisdom from each one of them and learn as much as I could. 

What are you up to now? Will we see you on anything else in the future? 
JS: Now I’m just living my best life and going with the flow. Seeing where life takes me. Being a yes man and loving my time doing it as for anything in the future, I don’t know you will have to keep your eyes peeled. 

Who is your celebrity crush?
JS: Corey Brooks.





Ps. Spread love, Be yourself and StayLoco !
Twitter: @jay__qs
Insta: jqskim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if