Skip to main content

Tony Raines of The Challenge dives into Whitterview 52

                   

MTV Challenge Fans are you ready for this weeks interview? I am pleased to introduce the next interview-ee, Challenge Favorite: Tony Raines. 

Wait... You're here for Tony Raines the professional stock race car driver? Well move along now, nothing to see here. Unless you want to get to know the cooler Tony Raines. You can stay. 

You first got to meet Tony on Real World: Skeletons and from there he made his way over to The Challenge. He got a season win on Champs vs Stars. He was also awarded Male Competitor of the Year and Male Cast Member of the Year in 2018.

We last saw Tony on Final Reckoning and now he's here to break down what he thinks of the new season of The Challenge: War of the Worlds. We also play This or That. 

So let's get to it! Put your hands together for...……………………. Tony Raines!



Tell me about you:
TR: I have 2 beautiful daughters and a wonderful fiancé. I grew up in a small rural town outside of New Orleans.

Growing up did you ever think you would be on Reality TV?
TR: I never in a million years thought I would do reality tv. It’s just so far fetched because of the amount of people that apply.

Have you ever gotten asked if you were Tony Raines the professional stock race car driver?
TR: That’s actually pretty funny because I knew of him before I did Real World and after Real World I would Google myself and he would pop up. I have never been mistaken for him though but people have brought it up to me before that there is another Tony Raines out there.

Tell me about your first show (The Real World) what was it like entering into the world of Reality TV?
TR: Complete insanity. I adjusted pretty quickly to the cameras though.



What has been your favorite season of The Challenge to be on? 
TR: My favorite season has to be Vendettas. I may have come up short at the end but I trained very hard before that season and I’m proud of my performance throughout the season.

Is there a particular Challenge that has been your favorite?
TR: The underwater challenge on Vendettas was my favorite because of the insane difficulty of it. 15 feet underwater, swimming 90 feet across at night is just crazy.

After watching this season so far, do you think there would have been any challenges you have excelled at? Or did bad at?
TR: I would have loved to participate in the tire challenge where they were getting dragged. I think I would have killed that.



If you were on this season who would you want as your partner? 
TR: The easy choice is ninja Nat or Cara but I would loved to have had Georgia. I love her scrappiness.

If you could have any celebrity as your Challenge partner who would it be? 
TR: Guy: Tom Holland 
Girl: Scarlett Johansson 

What was it like winning Champs vs Stars?
TR: Huge accomplishment that felt surreal. To come from behind like and pull off a win was huge especially with the competitors we were going against.



Say you were given the reigns- you got to design a challenge. What would it be called and what would you have the competitors do? 
TR: It would be called death trap and we would have to dive off a platform 30ft high and swim underwater through rings that span over 100ft.

If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why?
TR: Batman, Elon Musk, and Joe Rogan. Pretty self explanatory why.

And finally, what's a fun fact some people may not know about you?
TR: When I was 12 I had bleach blonde hair.





THIS OR THAT: 

Johnny Bananas or CT

Coin flip
Marie or Angela
Angela

Vanilla Ice Cream or Chocolate Ice Cream

Vanilla

Read Minds or Be able to fly

Read minds

TJ Lavin or The Miz

TJ

The Real World or The Challenge

The Challenge 


You can follow Tony Raines on Instagram & Twitter: 
ig: @t_raines
t: @tonyraines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if