Skip to main content

Sydney Lotuaco in Whitterview 65




Welcome back to the Whitterview! I've reappeared to cure your Bachelor Nation blues. Haven't your weeks been weird not watching any Bachelor shows? They seem less dramatic (say dramatic in Chris Harrison's voice)

Here to cure your blues is my latest interview. This time with Sydney Lotuaco.

Sydney was on the latest season of The Bachelor and Bachelor in Paradise. But of course you should already know that and love her.

You also may have seen her if you took in a New York Knicks game at Madison Square Garden as a Knicks Dancer!

So let's get to it, I'm pleased to introduce you all to Sydney!

Image result for sydney lotuaco"

Tell me about you!

SL: I’m 28 years old and am currently living in LA as of a month now. I am originally from Virginia Beach, VA, where I lived until I moved to NY for school In 2010. I’m very family oriented and am lucky enough to have loving parents that have been happily married for 29 years! I have a younger brother Nick, who is very artistic and talented! I grew up dancing since age 3 and it has been a huge part of my life ever since! I’m currently a professional dancer, fitness instructor, and part time model and just trying to adjust to this new life I’m building in LA!


Growing up did you ever think you would be on reality TV?

SL: Growing up, reality TV was never something I thought I’d do. I was however familiar with friends going on reality TV shows. I danced at Denise Walls Dance Energy and danced along side many dancers like Travis Wall, Danny Tidwell, and Jaimie Goodwin who went on to compete on So You Think You Can Dance. I was always a shy, quieter kid so reality television was a pretty big stretch for me. I do always try to do things and push myself to take on experiences that knock me out of my comfort zone. I feel it’s the best way to grow in life and reality TV definitely did that for me!

If you could be on any other reality show which would it be?

SL: Something like Dancing With the Stars would be a dream. I grew up watching the Amazing Race, so something like that where you could see the world would be incredible! I am HORRIBLE with directions, so not sure I’d make it very far. One of my guilty pleasures is Say Yes To the Dress, but I need to take some other pretty major steps before going on that show!


Image result for sydney lotuaco"

Tell me about how you got on the Bachelor and what was your favorite memory?

SL: I had a friend that was submitted for the show that ended up getting in a relationship during the process. She knew about the open casting and told me to go. I kind of went as a half joke with another friend and somehow got expedited to round after round and then ended up on the show. It was very exciting, but also an extremely difficult decision to make! I was beginning to head into my third season of dancing for the New York Knicks and unfortunately couldn’t continue on dancing with them the rest of the season if I decided to go. So essentially, I had to quit one of my dream jobs for an unknown yet exciting experience. I didn’t want to wonder what if and obviously chose to do the show!

My favorite memory of the show besides the incredible traveling was all of the downtime getting to know the rest of the girls. With no phone, TV, or distractions, it definitely gave me perspective and was so refreshing to get to know people with all of those elements removed. I tried to take this back into my life outside of the show and want to continue to formulate relationships with these types of open conversations and working to be present especially with the ones I love!

Do you think you would go on paradise again next year? 

SL: Well one, I’m hoping not to still be single, but in the case I still am, I’d be open to it! It would definitely depend on who was going or I guess would be rumored to go. I’m definitely serious about finding someone special and would want to know that I had a good chance of meeting someone! I did have a great experience in Paradise, despite not ending up with anyone and do believe it’s a good setting for me as it allows for a lot of time to get to know people and requires you to focus on truly forming relationships, which is hard to do in the day to day hustle. 

Is there anyone you wish would have been on Paradise?
SL: I was a little bummed Garrett from Hannah’s season wasn’t there. He peaked my interest, watching her season! I wanted to have more random people from past seasons I might not have known about. I thought it would have been cool to have people not so much in the Bachelor bubble anymore, which is why it was nice to have Chris Bukowski there because he wasn’t fresh off of doing another show even though he was a VERY seasoned veteran!

Image result for sydney lotuaco"

Did you watch the show previously? And who was your favorite Bachelor?
 SL: I watched it off and on! I was a big fan during the original days and kind of stopped watching until Ben Higgin’s season. I think he was my favorite bachelor because he seemed normal, down to earth, cute, and super smart. I’ve since met him in person and can confirm he is all of these things! (side note: can confirm, talking to Ben and having a phone conversation with him for his interview, I 100% agree) 

What’s something people may not know about you?
 SL: I’m actually super dry and sarcastic and love to laugh and have fun with friends! I think you maybe saw small bits of this while I was on Bachelor or Paradise, but that was very rare. I honestly felt like the Paradise anchor woman as you mainly just saw me describing what was happening on the beach. 

Who is your celebrity crush?
SL: Originally it was Heath Ledger, RIP, but currently Liam Hemsworth. I have a thing for Australians....

Who are three people you would want to have dinner with and why?

SL: I’d say... Oprah because she’s such a light and an inspiration and my mom and I used to watch her show in the car together every day before I went into dance growing up.

Chrissy Teigen, because she’s a strong Asian woman, so hilarious, and cooks some amazing food! I would need her to bring her adorable children with her too.

My future husband... because I really can’t wait to meet him, or find out who he is, In case we have already met!



Continue to follow along with Sydney on social media!
Twitter & Instagram: @sydneylotuaco 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if