Skip to main content

Maya Vander in Whitterview 70

 Test Test..... Is this thing still on?


Wow, hi everyone! It's been just a little over six months since I posted my last interview and I'm finally back. I don't know why I stopped, I think the real world caught up with me. Since then the world has really changed and I am not just talking about the pandemic, I've changed jobs, and frankly I think I just lost my creative senses. I didn't know who I wanted to interview, I was annoyed with myself because I couldn't provide the best content I knew I could. But hey, I'm back now. I can't promise it'll be EVERY week, like I used to. But I can promise you the interviews I do deliver, will hopefully entice you to keep coming back each week like you used to. 

If you're new here, welcome to my Whitterviews. The Whitney/Interview with the stars. From reality tv, to the olympics, to influencers, to athletes, you name it. I've been very fortunate to have great friends with a long list of phone contacts as well as been able to meet people myself and add to my list.

Now.... Let's see if I still got this. *sleeves rolled up* 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During my state's stay at home order, I got re-familiar with the Netflix life. First thing on my "For You" titles: Selling Sunset. Oh okay, cool a home improvement show I bet. Not sure, but hey I'm bored and there's only a few seasons so might as well. 

Home Improvement. HA. Yeah right. 

Selling Sunset? Oh? You haven't heard of it? Just stop reading this, go watch it, all the seasons and then you can come back and read this next interview. 

It's Reality Show meets Los Angeles Real Estate. I caught up in less than a week and I was hooked. I knew if I ever got back to my blog, I had to reach out to these ladies. 

So, here we are. I'm pleased to introduce you to one of the star's of Netflix's Selling Sunset: 

MAYA VANDER!





Tell me about you!

MV: I grew up overseas, my mom was from Israel and my dad from the Netherlands. I have one brother and I am very close to my family. I had an easy childhood.

I moved to LA for love, that relationship didn't work out but I decided to stay in LA to do me. Now I'm married and have two children: five and 18 months. 

What made you get into the Real Estate life?

MV: My mom told me and I listened. She told me to go get my real estate license, so I took her advice.

How long have you been with the Oppenheim Group?

MV: I've been there for five years. I was the first girl out of the Selling Sunset cast to work there. I kept telling Jason we could do a reality show!

Is there something you wish viewers saw more of?

MV: I would love to see more real estate. But without the drama, the show would be boring. 




In the show we saw you back and forth between LA and Miami, where are you currently? Are you still in contact with your castmates even though you're not filming?

MV: I'm in Miami, now. I don't see them much. But we keep in contact. We all have our own lives, but we stay in touch. 

Do you have any insight about a season four? What are your plans for filming since you're in Miami?

MV: I'm not quite sure. We're still waiting to hear about season four. I do still have clients in LA, but I am currently not traveling right now. 

If you could have any celebrity as your client who would it be?

MV: Megan Markle. I love her. 

And finally, if you could have dinner with three people who would they be?

MV: Megan Markle, Oprah, and Kim Kardashian. I feel like that would make a very interesting dinner. 


------------------------------

Alright all, a short and sweet interview. But I just wanted you to meet one of my personal favorite stars of Selling Sunset. I was over the moon excited to be given the chance to speak with her! 

As always don't forget to follow along with Maya!

Instagram: @themayavander

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if