Skip to main content

Mari Pepin in Whitterview 73

 

Happy Tuesday! The Whitterview is back this week with one of my favorite people who graced our television screens a few months ago on Bachelor in Paradise.

When the latest season of Bachelor in Paradise ended, we saw three couples from the beach leave engaged and this week 1/2 of one couple joins us! 

I’m so excited for you all to get to know Mariella (Mari) Pepin!! Who left the beach with a fiancé out of Kenny Braasch. We catch up with how life is now, wedding planning, and just getting to know Mari. 

I am so pleased to introduce you all to..... Mari! 



Tell me about you! 

MP: I was born in Santurce, Puerto Rico where my parents met during college. A few years later, my dad joined the Army and we started to travel the world! I kind of grew up all over the place because of that, which gave me a deep appreciation for diversity and other cultures. 


I have a little brother who is now also in the army, and four step-siblings from my dad’s side. We all live in different places - I’m in Maryland, my brother is in Korea, my dad is in Cleveland and my mom is in Miami, but getting ready to move to Germany for work! I’m excited to visit her and go back to one of the places I spent part of my childhood.


Growing up did you ever think you’d get into reality tv? 

MP: Definitely not! I grew up watching shows like Fear Factor, Wipeout, American Idol, etc. but never pictured myself actually ending up on a show myself! In fact, there was a point where I actually thought the idea of The Bachelor (before I had ever seen it) was strange. But once I watched the show I realized that it could actually work out and how romantic it could be.


How’s engagement life? Have you started wedding planning?

MP: Engagement life is great! Kenny and I are still long distance for the time being, but we spend as much time together as possible. Only a few more months until we’ll be living together in Chicago full time!


We haven’t started planning the wedding just yet! We do have a general timeline (2023, probably) and know we’ll get married in Puerto Rico, but we want to savor the engagement and just enjoy living life together before we get down to the details.





Do you think we will see a televised wedding? 

MP: I’m not sure! If ABC still does them, Kenny and I wouldn't be opposed to a televised wedding, as long as we still get to be involved in all of the planning and do things the way we want for the big day.

You’re into modeling.. What is your dream company to model for? 

MP: Yes! A lot of people don’t know I’ve been modeling professionally for about eight years now. With agencies in NY, LA and Philly. 


My dream booking would probably be Savage x Fenty, Ellie Saab bridal and one of my favorite makeup brands like Tarte or Smashbox. 


Tell me about Innovessa. I’m sure not many people know you have this brand:

MP: I haven’t promoted or talked about it much publicly, but Innovessa is my small business! It’s a boutique digital marketing agency, so I work with small businesses and manage their online strategy from social media to email marketing to blogging and website optimization, etc. 


I’ve been working in marketing for almost a decade now and found that the online side was something I not only loved but was really good at. When COVID caused a shutdown where I was working as a marketing director, I decided to start up Innovessa and take on a handful of clients at a time. I’m currently the marketing director for a doctor’s office in Chicago, and still work with my Innovessa clients on the side.




If you could be on any other reality show which would it be? 

MP: That’s a tough one! As we saw on Matt’s season, I’m pretty damn competitive and (surprisingly to a lot of people), athletic. I’d like to go on a show where I could have that competition aspect while also being active. Honestly I think Dancing with the Stars would be a perfect fit for me! 


What’s something people may not know about you? 

MP: I think a lot of people don’t know that I’m pretty artistic and creative! I haven’t shared much of that side of me online, but I love to paint, draw, make crafts, etc. In fact a lot of the art in my apartment I painted myself.


If you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why? 

MP: This is a hard one too! There are so many interesting people in the world that I’d love to talk to and learn from so this always changes, but right now I’m going to say it would be Kamala Harris, Shay Mitchell, and Britney Spears.

Follow Mari on Twitter & Instagram @mari_pepin




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if