Skip to main content

Monte Taylor in Whitterview 79




Well, well, well. Did you miss me?  Since the last you've heard from me, I've been watching my shows, catching up on episodes and starting new shows. 

Between the last few months, the new season of The Challenge USA aired on CBS. Its in its second season. 

Getting the idea of who may be this weeks guest? I'll give you a hint. He was also a runner up on a different show. 

Alright, one more hint, the show was: Big Brother. Any guesses yet?

 Ok fine, I'll tell you...... 

 Monte Taylor!

 I was so excited to get to know Monte, I really enjoyed watching him this season on The Challenge USA.

 -WARNING- this interview may contain spoilers to The Challenge USA (if you aren't caught up) 

 I'm pleased to introduce you all to.... Monte!




Tell me about you 
MT: I was born in Queens, New York but grew up in Newark, DE most of my life. I'm my only child for my mother and my dad's oldest child. I have one younger brother. I recieved my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Delaware but quit my job to start my online fitness coaching business at the beginning of 2022. After that, I filmed for Big Brother, moved to LA, filmed for the Challenge USA and live an entirely different life than I imagined.

Growing up did you ever think you would get into reality tv? 
MT: Not at all. I hadn't watched much reality tv growing up. I had heard of different shows but never committed to watching entire seasons or aspired to be on any of those shows.

How did you get onto Big Brother? Did you apply yourself? And did you watch the show prior? 
MT: After quitting my job and launching my online fitness coaching business, I began promoting fitness on my Instagram and TikTok. One of my videos received more views than ever and it came across the fyp (FOR YOU)  page of a Big Brother casting director. They then messaged me on Instagram asking if I would like to be casted for the show. I hadn't watched any Big Brother prior to them reaching out to me.

Tell me about your time on Big Brother. Is there anything you would have done differently? 
MT: Being in the Big Brother house was one of the most mentally intensive experiences I've ever had. Not having connectivity to the outside world or any of the outlets at home that help me stay sane was a huge adjustment. At first it's pretty exciting to walk into the house, but after a few weeks/months, I began to feel less and less enthused to be there. The cast made the best out of the experience, but I would never step foot in that house again. Mainly for my mental health. I don't have any regrets. NEXT LINE VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED: 
                    -The only thing I would've done differently is keep it in my pants.-




Tell me about your time on The Challenge USA. Would you have done anything differently? 
MT: The Challenge USA was an entirely different filming experience. Getting to see and build relationships with production was a refreshing change. As for the gameplay and challenges, I was a lot less certain about what was happening socially or how to prepare for the dynamics of each challenge. It was also nice that the filming period was much shorter. I wouldn't do anything differently!

If you had to choose anyone from the challenge world as your partner who would it be and why (both male and female)
MT: My female choice would be Tori. Her experience along with her physical ability would be hard to pass up! She's a legend. And she's also pretty cool... I guess..... 

My male choice would be Wes. Similar to Tori, his experience would be hard to pass up on. Plus, Wes is easily one of the funniest people to be around.

Would you do the challenge again? And would you like to continue with USA or go to the flagship show. 
MT: Of course! I would definitely come back with USA. The flagship show would require a bit more convincing, but I'm open to it. 
   The flagship show The Challenge airs on MTV. 

WW: I was listening to the Zach Nichols podcast with Faysal Shaafat and I heard one of the biggest challenges during Montes elimination vs Tyler Crispen, was the sand. And the podcasts words not mine: Monte had too much sand on his balls. 🤪 which led to his (too soon in my opinion) exit from the show. 




If you could be on any other reality show which would it be and why? 
MT: Amazing Race! Getting to travel the world while competing sounds so fun. Plus, the social aspect of the game is removed. I would just need a solid partner!
 
 And finally: if you could have dinner with three people who would they be and why?
MT: Malcolm X because I would love his perspective on the world today compared to his era.
 Lewis Howes because he hosts my favorite podcast and I feel like he would be a great mentor. 
Meagan Good because she's been my celebrity crush for the longest and I have to shoot my shot!


While he’s not on TV you can follow along with Monte on social media dedicating his time to his online fitness coaching, or watching/playing football and basketball. 

Instagram & Tiktok: @taylord_fit_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Heart Surgery to Criminal Justice to MTV, Jenna Compono is here in #Whitterview 31

It all started on The Real World Ex-Plosion, Jenna Compono's first show of many that aired on MTV. From there she moved on to The Challenge and was able to come out with some money from them after winning several challenges.  In this latest installment of the #Whitterview series, we get to know Jenna and her experiences on the shows she has been on.  Lets get to it! Meet Jenna Compono!  Tell me about yourself JC: I grew up in NY with a huge family. I am one of six and have over 50 first cousins. My mom is one of seven and my dad is one of eight, so you can imagine the amount of cousins at my family parties! I loved growing up with a huge family. We did everything together, birthdays, holidays, vacations, graduations etc. I recently just became an aunt for the first time to baby Stella, who is absolutely adorable. Right now I nanny and do reality TV which takes up a good amount of my time, besides working I love going to the gym and hot pilates when I get free

Two Time Challenge Champ Ashley Mitchell in Whitterview 48

I'm sure we've all asked ourselves about what would we do if we won a million dollars? I have, countless times. So I decided to go to the queen of MTV's The Challenge and ask the million dollar winner herself. We first met Ashley Mitchell on The Real World: Ex-Plosion, from there she went on to gracing our television screens on The Challenge series. Ashley is at the top of the list for Challenge vets as she has won the most money. She won season 29 and season 32 (Invasion of the Champions and Final Reckoning.) She won a million dollars in season 32. I mean, she does hold the record for most money won by a cast member and the record for the most money won in a single season- so that does make her the queen, am I right? I couldn't be the only one shocked that she went home right away this new season of The Challenge. (Yo- wish she could have been brought back somehow to shake up the game!) Anyway, with all this being said let's get to know the queen herself in

Kay Brown & Corey Brooks are #BFFGoals in Whitterview 54

Can I just say that Kay  and Corey are two of my absolute favorite people on this planet? Two people that would drop everything to help you out (I know first hand) and are the nicest people (and maybe corayziest.... but more on that later) I think that's what makes them the perfect best friends.  I'm also sure you're wondering what the heck Corayz means- Well 1. these two are crazy people, they even say so themselves, and well Kay + Corey = Coray, it's simple math really and I don't even know how to do math.  Ya ya enough rambling, let's get to probably one of the funniest interviews ever. From sliding into DM's, to trolling girlfriends and seeing how well these best friends know each other. It's time for this weeks Whitterview with Kay Brown and Corey Brooks! How did you two meet?  CB: Marie (Roda, MTV's The Challenge) posted a picture of me, Kay followed and liked/commented on every picture I’ve ever posted, I DM’d her asking if